If you’re here then you might be interested in being an Instructor, that’s awesome!
PracticalCoding.in is started by a programmer just like you to share knowledge and make some extra cash. The fact that it could make a difference in someone’s life struck him hard.
So here you will find all the details from process of being Instructor to creating your classes and courses.
Step 1: How to be Instructor at PracticalCoding.in:
We have only one rule, and we are not compromising on this
You have to be a programmer with at-least 3+ years of experience.
- If you are programmer with 3+ year experience, then send a mail to info@PracticalCoding.in, with below details
- Your present job details
- For which course you want to be an instructor (Ex Android, DotNet, etc)
- Pass as many your social profile links as possible – like LinkedIn, Blog, Stack OverFlow, GitHub, Twitter, Facebook, Quora, Slideshare, etc.
- Pass your previous works, it may be mobile application links, web app links, etc.
- We will review your mail and reply. If we find your knowledge is good to go for sharing then, we send your PracticalCoding.in Profile name (Ex: www.PracticalCoding.in/Parmvir) and ask you to make videos
- You need to create a small video of maximum 15 minutes
- Check this post to see how to record video
- You have to create a video to help learner to know about your technical and communication skill
- In the video for first 2 minutes you can talk about your experience and knowledge, Then in latter part take any topic and explain it.
- Some video examples
- Web – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlDN5-O8Jw
- Android – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SsSkA1fpjo
Once we verify your video you’re all set to sharing and earning! PracticalCoding.in has learners across 10+ Countries
Step 2: Course Creation:
- Theme: Build the course around hands-on learning and before end of course, learner should have built something useful.
- Class size: At PracticalCoding.in you will teach only one learner in a class, this will help you to manage it easily.
- Course Structure: You can use our existing course structure with modification based on what learn wants to learn. All course structures are in their respective course pages. For some more samples below
- Schedule: You have complete flexibility in planning your teaching schedule – days of week, time of days, number of days per week and duration of a session and complete course. Make sure that the schedule is convenient to the participants. Normally our courses are of around 36 hours. Below are our some existing course schedules.
- One of our Web instructor had scheduled the course with total hours as 36 for 3 months. He takes 2 class per week with each session of 1.5 hours. He takes on Tuesday and Thursday morning 7.00 AM – 8.30 AM.
- One of our Game Development Instructor had scheduled the course with total hours as 36 for 9 weeks. He takes 2 class per week with each session of 2.0 hours. He takes one on Tuesday night 7.00 PM – 9.00 PM and another on Sunday morning 11.00 AM – 1.00 PM.
- One of our Android instructor had scheduled the course with total hours as 36 for 3 months. He takes 2 class per week with each session of 1.5 hours. He takes on Thursday and Sunday night 9.00 PM – 10.30 PM
- Fees: Each learner will be charged 500 Rs/Hr, So if course is for 36 Hrs then its 18,000 INR.
- Learner can opt for Demo version where he will pay 1500 INR for 3 hours, this will be completely refundable if learner wishes to discontinue.
- Process: You have to record each class and upload the video. This will be main point of communication for payments.
Step 3: How learner get enrolled onto course?
- A learners will visit the our web site, then based on course interest he will head to like Android, web etc.
- In course specific list like Android, all the Instructors profile will be available.
- He will have a look at Instructor list and he will start chatting with the Instructor whom he selects.
- Then as a Instructor you can start chatting with him and help him with queries. Then he is set to be your Learner :).
- He pays the amount and you can start the class.
Tips to Get Learners:
Step 4: Tools for Online teaching
- You will use Zoom.us, check below video to understand on how to use it
- For getting connected with people who want to learn – Check this post
Step 5: Payment Details:
- You Have to create your account on InstaMojo, Check this post
- As Instructor you will get 75% of learner fee and also it will be based on learner feedback
- You will earn 100% of your fee, if you learner’s feedback score is at-least 9 .
- You will earn 90% of your fee, if your learner’s feedback score is less than 9 but greater than 8.
- You will earn 75% of your fee, if you learner’s feedback score is less than 8.
- You will be paid at end of course
- We have Feedback system in place. Instructor with an average feedback score(On scale of 10) of less than 5 is delisted from PracticalCoding.in.
- You will be paid to your given InstaMojo Account
- How much you can earn monthly – Per hour you will earn 375 Rs. You have Earning potential of 70875 INR per Month by teaching 42 Hours a week.
|Teaching per week||Earning per month|
|14 hours||23625 INR/Month|
|10 hours||16875 INR/Month|
|6 hours||10125 INR/Month|
|4 hours||6750 INR/Month|
|3 hours||5062 INR/Month|